Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blogging

One of the requirements for my English 102 class is to blog. I find that there are three certain benefits of blogging. The first is that blogging gives the opportunity to practice writing skills, which will ultimately help aid in the development of a better writer. Writing is like any other skill, the more you do it, the better you will become. The second benefit I find in blogging is that it allows the writer to express themselves freely. Blogs can be personal, analytic, or anything the writer desires. The final benefit in blogging is that it gives writers a way to communicate with other writers. Reading about other's thoughts and experiences gives greater perspective to our lives and can also assist  in teaching new things. Blogging can be considered another form of social networking. Although I know there are benefits of blogging, and understand that it is a useful tool, I am not really the biggest fan. I do enjoy that I can read and learn from the thoughts of others, but I really just don't like writing and knowing that people can read all of the thoughts that I write. Part of that might come from the fact that I don't feel I am the greatest writer. Maybe this experience of blogging can change my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Like you I am not too crazy about blogging either. I do agree that it does help devolop certain skills such as writing and communication.

    ReplyDelete