Thursday, April 18, 2013

Classroom Environment

I believe classroom environment is very important to the success of students. I am not a big fan of the type of classes when there is little to no interaction between professors and their students. If a professor just stands and talks for an entire class I find it very easy to get distracted and lose focus, meaning I will not learn much. I think it is very important to keep students engaged in class. If students are involved in classroom discussion more it is easier for them to pay attention, learn, and feel comfortable. This is the benefit of the class I am writing this blog for, English 102. The classroom environment is conducive to learning. My professor actively gets us involved by asking many questions, and getting us to share our thoughts and opinions. He also splits the class up into small groups to discuss the rough drafts of essays we write for the class. This peer review process really helps because we get insight on how to improve on our essays before we have to turn them in. Another beneficial  thing we do in class is play games that help us learn more about the literature we have read.  Overall, I really feel like I have benefited from taking this course.

1 comment:

  1. Classroom environment is also very important to me, I feel that I lose focus very easily when a professor lectures for the entirety of class. I have really enjoyed Professor Sweeneys class over the semester because of his great teaching methods.

    ReplyDelete